How does Motvio define Hateful, Harassing, Defamatory, and Discriminatory content?
The Guidelines state:
- No videos that are hateful, harass others or include defamatory or discriminatory speech.
This means that Motvio moderators will generally remove videos that:
- Make derogatory or inflammatory statements about individuals or groups of people
- Are intended to harm someone’s reputation
- Are malicious
- Include someone’s image or voice without their consent (Exception! Public figures and/or political officials are generally fair game.)
We also forbid content that displays a demeaning attitude toward specific groups, including:
- Videos that offer seduction training or teach Pickup Artist (PUA) techniques
- Videos that promote Sexual Orientation Change Efforts (SOCE)
- Videos that use coded or veiled language to attack a particular group like an ethnic or religious minority
Because that’s not what Motvio’s about. Of course, that doesn’t mean you can’t post videos that criticize or disapprove of people and events. It does mean that these videos need to be respectful and not cross the line that separates criticism from abuse.